- The fact that these little cakes were baked in cup-shaped muffin baking containers gave double-meaning to the term 'cup cake', and was probably the main factor for becoming the U.S. standard term.
- Cupcakes contain a batter that can be thoroughly beaten and is usually not sensitive to over-mixing.
- Cupcakes are considered a form of dessert and are usually not meant to be served for breakfast.
- Few not-so traditional cupcakes - hot fudge cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, peanut butter cupcakes with hot fudge glaze, pumpkin spice cupcakes with creamy icing, hi-hat cupcakes.
- Cupcakes are a favorite in all children birthday parties and are also a very fashionable trend in weddings too.
See, more of these yummy things, pintsized here...
The Famous Of Them All - Drool along!!
Martha Stewart - Need I say more?
Cuppycakes Recipes - Let me know how they turn out... I might drop in!