Friday, November 10, 2006

It's Cupcake time with today being Vanilla Cupcake Day! This is a treat...'coz I love cupcakes and vanilla is my favorite flavor anytime. Just imagine, small, individual cakes with your desired icing... ummm, I'm already into a swoon! Check out some trivia that I found about cupcakes, while I go and cajole my mom for baking a few for me!

  • The fact that these little cakes were baked in cup-shaped muffin baking containers gave double-meaning to the term 'cup cake', and was probably the main factor for becoming the U.S. standard term.
  • Cupcakes contain a batter that can be thoroughly beaten and is usually not sensitive to over-mixing.
  • Cupcakes are considered a form of dessert and are usually not meant to be served for breakfast.
  • Few not-so traditional cupcakes - hot fudge cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes, peanut butter cupcakes with hot fudge glaze, pumpkin spice cupcakes with creamy icing, hi-hat cupcakes.
  • Cupcakes are a favorite in all children birthday parties and are also a very fashionable trend in weddings too.


See, more of these yummy things, pintsized here...

The Famous Of Them All - Drool along!!
Martha Stewart - Need I say more?
Cuppycakes Recipes - Let me know how they turn out... I might drop in!
 
posted by Casey Galatos at Friday, November 10, 2006 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


2 Comments:


  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger fatboybakes

    so cute, all this food info....
    thanks for dropping by my blog

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Anna

    They're a dessert?! Oops.... I eat 'em any time :)