My mind's not on its wave length today...it's filled with thoughts of yummy cakes! It's Cake Appreciation Day people, don't waste time doing other things...if U enjoy good food, make cakes your priority and visit your local bakery soon...'coz I'm setting up 'house' there today!
Oh, one more thing...I just found out about World Vegan Day...and along with cakes, going green is not such a bad idea! It's healthy and I guess, the calories would'nt be that high!
I also decided to be generous and share my favorite cake recipe...here goes-
1/2 tin condensed milk
2 3/4 cups plain flour
40 gm cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp icing sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100 ml milk
100 ml Coke
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa all together for couple of times.
- Pour condensed milk in a bowl. Add the butter and beat well till smooth. Then add the flour gradually into the condensed milk mixture. You can also add milk if required or the mixture gets too stiff.
- Once all the mixing is done (stir the flour in one direction), beat the batter for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the coke and mix gently till smooth.
- Pour into a greased cake tin. Pre-heat over to 300o c and bake at 200o c for 5-7 minutes and 150o c till done.
- Poke with a skewer to check. Let it cool, inverted on a wire rack. You then do your icing.
Here are few more cake-li-cious facts -
- The earliest cakes were found among the remains of Neolithic villages where archaeologists discovered simple cakes made from crushed grains, probably cooked on a hot stone.
- Cakes were usually baked for special occasions because they were made with the finest and most expensive ingredients available.
- The world's biggest cake was made in Alabama in 1989, and weighed 58 tons, including 7.35 tons of icing. The world's largest gingerbread man was a puny 168kg by comparison.
- Diamond Fruit Cake - A Christmas cake studded with 223 diamonds and put on sale for $1.7 million dollars in Tokyo in 2005.
- Cakes n Cakes - This is a heavenly site!!
- Recipes : Desserts : Cakes - A very delicious collection of many cake recipes.
- Send your Friend a Virtual Chocolate- Chocolate Ecards