It was time to turn that clock this weekend, with Daylight Saving Time Ends and I wanna turn it back little more to sleep (yawn)...maybe I'm turning into Rip Van Winkle! But hey, I loved this double treat... a weekend and a perfect excuse to 'lie in' for an extra hour or not get up at all!
By the way...Did You know :
- Every spring we move our clocks one hour ahead and 'lose' an hour during the night and each fall we move our clocks back one hour and 'gain' an extra hour (No wonder, I feel so sleepy in Spring)
- The phrase 'Spring forward, fall back' helps people remember how Daylight Saving time affects their clocks.
- The official spelling is Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight SavingS Time (Oops!)
- Adding to the confusion is that the phrase Daylight Saving Time is inaccurate, since no daylight is actually saved. Daylight Shifting Time would be better, but it is not as politically desirable... Hmm!
- Many fire departments encourage people to change the battery in the smoke detector when they change their clocks because Daylight Saving Time provides a convenient reminder!
Check them out :
- Time Ahoy - Benjamin Franklin was among the first Americans to discuss the idea of Daylight Saving Time
- DayLight Savings Clock - When We Change Our Clocks
- Geography.about.com - Geographical Aspects
- Save Energy - Daylight Saving Time, Its History and Why We Use It