Things you never thought pumpkins could do:
- Pumpkins were believed to help eliminate freckles.
- Pumpkins were once used as a remedy for snake bites (please don't do that in real life.)
- A number of facial and anti-wrinkle creams include pumpkins.
- Pumpkins have zero cholesterol. ZERO !!!
- Pumpkins are low in salt.
- Pumpkins have beta carotene, which helps to reduce certain types of cancer and lower the risk of heart disease.
- Pumpkin seeds help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
And you thought pumpkins were just for Halloween. Well, you can read more at
Here's more pumpkin trivia: Did you know that pumpkins are not vegetables? They're from the cucurbitacae family. That family includes other gourds and squash like cucumber, gherkins and melons too. So pumpkins, in laypersons term is a fruit not a veggie.
Here are more fun pumpkin sites:
For family fun : PumpkinCarving101.com
For Ecards : PumpKin Ecards
For carving kits : PumpkinMasters.com
For you adventurous DIY guys : extremePumpkins.com
And of course the move : pumpkinthemovie.com just for fun with Christina Ricci.