So, check out these few cool facts about being 'choco-li-cious'-
- Aztec emperor Montezuma drank 50 golden goblets of hot chocolate every day. It was thick, dyed red and flavored with chili peppers.
- Bittersweet chocolate is what is usually called for in baking. It contains more chocolate liquor(at least 35%) and less sugar than sweet chocolate. Semisweet chocolate contains 15% - 35% chocolate liquor.
- A recent study indicates when men crave food, they tend to crave fat and salt. When women crave food, they tend to desire chocolate.
- Moisture is death for your chocolate. Chocolate is very fussy about liquids and even the smallest hint of water can separate the chocolate and ruin.
- Once upon a time, money did grow on trees. Cocoa beans were used as currency by the Mayan and Aztec civilizations over 1400 years ago.
Chocolate FAQ - Want to know everything you could ever know about chocolate? Then have a read through this very thorough site.
Chocolate Recipes - What's cooking?
Chocolate Trivia - Read and enjoy!!
Chocolate Books - More material on chocolates.