Monday, November 06, 2006
You know, with all that talk of sandwich last week, I have been living on them! Sandwiches also reminded me of Thanksgiving (I came across few ecard sites, but this link is great)... It's round the corner on the 23rd of this month and the great filling, turkey leftovers make!

There were also quite a lot food-li-cious celebrations this weekend. I came across Candy Day (oo, extended candy time after Halloween), a Giant Omlette Celebration... this was cool. They make an omlette with 5000 eggs (that's a lot of eggs!). Apart from this egg-ta-rian event, we had Doughnut Day... a great time for all doughnut lovers and across the Atlantic, in the U.K, we had Guy Fawkes Day. If U have had a british friend, you can probably know what a great time they have had with all those bonfires and for the uninitiated, let me tell you that on Guy Fawkes Day, they burn bonfires of the effigies of this particular english gentleman (??) as he got caught trying to blow up the English Parliament! This was known as the Gunpowder Plot and is a very famous historical event. (It's really nice to read this up, so you can kind of pay your library, a visit.)

I also read about something very cute... Hug A Bear Sunday! You get the perfect reason to give your teddy... all those hugs that's been missing so far... reminds me to look up for mine too... been neglecting him of late and it also reminds me that I'm yawning my head off. Got to hit the bed right now... see you some hours later! Ciao.

 
posted by Casey Galatos at Monday, November 06, 2006 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


0 Comments: