sandwich for us! Just think about it, slices of your favorite meat,
the choicest of veggies and a slathering of ketchup or mustard...
Pure ambrosia! I better stop writing before I drool and get the
keyboard all messy. Rather, let me give you, few trivia that I dug up
about sandwich -
- John Montague, 4th Earl of Sandwich is supposed to have invented the sandwich as a quick meal so as not to interrupt his gambling sessions. - We are very grateful!
- The simple ham sandwich is still the most popular sandwich in the US, and in second place is the BLT. - No questions about this!
- It is estimated that Americans eat 300 million sandwiches each day - that's more than one for every man, woman and child in the nation!
- Nearly 50% of all sandwiches are consumed at lunch and 28% at dinner, while less than 20% are carried out of the home.
- Bologna, the sandwich meat so popular in the U.S, is named after an Italian town which created the real stuff. - Sure, it had such an 'imported' feel to it!
- Elvis's favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana. - Coooolllll!
I'm not going to punish myself anymore... just can't resist all these, have to pay a quick visit to Subway... In the meantime, whet up your appetite with these...
More Sandwich History - Cool facts about sandwiches.
Yummy Pictures - They have a great collection of sandwich pictures and information.
Great Moments, Great Sandwiches in History - Sandwich history comes alive!
Great Sandwich Fillings - Need I say more?
Recipe Goldmine - Good collection of sandwich recipes and lots more.
Another Recipe Site - You will never run short of ideas here!
Cards On Sandwich - I just found them, while surfing...What next?