It's bright and glowing and believe me... even someone as blind as a bat couldn't miss it for anything! I'm talking about Neon signs! Around your favorite deli or the shopping mall, neons are just about everywhere, ready to dazzle the lights off you!
Did you these things about the Neon Sign?
- The concept behind neon signs was first conceived in 1675.
- Before there were neon signs in America, there were commercial sign tubes that used a carbon dioxide fill.
- The idea behind a neon light is simple. Inside the glass tube there is a gas like neon, argon or krypton at low pressure. At both ends of the tube there are metal electrodes. When you apply a high voltage to the electrodes, the neon gas ionizes, and electrons flow through the gas. These electrons excite the neon atoms and cause them to emit light
- Neon emits red light when energized in this way.
- There is a big difference between neons and fluorescent lights, in case you dont know!
Here's a few more things that I found out, have a look -
History of Neon Signs - Know more!!
Difference Between Neon And Fluorescent Lights - So what did you learn?
Finding The Neon Light - Glowing Bright!!
Celebrate Neon Sign Day - Cool Stuff!!