You will need...
5-6 cups of flour, 3 tbsp.of sugar, 2 tsp.of salt, 2 pkg. dry yeast, 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Blend well. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil until very lukewarm (120 to 130 degrees). Add the warm liquid to the flour mixture.
- Blend until moistened, then beat with beater 3 minutes. Stir in 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour until dough pulls cleanly away from side of bowl.
- Next knead for 10 minutes, adding a little flour at a time, if the dough feels sticky. Grease the lump of dough and put in a bowl to rise.
- Cover with a towel. Let it rise until double, then punch down. Divide dough into 2 parts and shape into balls. Let rise it rise again on the counter covered with inverted bowl for 15 minutes.
- Shape into loaves and place in 2 greased pans. Let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until it has risen about 1 inch above pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow.
- Remove from pans and brush top with butter. Makes 2 loaves.
While I try out this recipe again, you all can check out these links for more recipes -
It's Raining Breads - Few tips and recipes!
Bread Recipes - More and more.
Revival Of Bread And Baking - Mmmmm...