Hey guys, its here! Valentine's Day is here and love has taken over us by storm! I know all of U are busy making plans, so I am being really nice and sticking to just what I need to do. And my agenda is a complete V-Day menu (that i found on the net) for all those of you, who believe that the way to anyone's heart is via the stomach!
Come on, what's any kind of celebration without something to eat! Love really calls for a special kind of celebration - so here's few easy and simple ones that's leave lots of room for romance!
1 cup butter
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/8 tsp. white pepper
2 lbs. medium raw shrimp, shelled, devined
- Thaw shrimp if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted and blended. Remove from heat.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the shrimp and gently stir the shrimp to make sure all are coated.
- Bake in 450 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are pink, curled, and opaque. Serve immediately.
Wild Rice Pilaf
1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
14 oz. can ready to serve chicken broth
2 cups water
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse rice and drain well. Combine in crockpot together with green onion, salt, chicken broth and water and mix well.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and stir gently.
- Cover and cook on low for 30-60 minutes longer, until wild rice pops and is tender.
Grilled Steak With Herb Butter
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 Tbsp. butter, softened
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except steaks. Process till blended.
- Cover the blended butter and chill this mixture and then form it into a roll 1" in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm.
- Prepare grill. Grill steaks 4-6" above medium coals, turning once with tongs, until steak is cooked to desired doneness.
- Or place on broiler pan and broil 4-6" from heat source for 10-15 minutes, turning once with tongs, until steak is cooked to desired doneness.
- Let the meat sit for about 5 minutes before serving, then slice the chilled butter and place on top of the hot steak, letting it melt into the meat.
1 box cake mix, any flavor
1 envelope Dream Whip dry whipped topping mix
1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13" pan or two 9" pans with nonstick cooking spray containing flour; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, whipped topping mix, water, and eggs and beat until blended.
- Then beat for 4 minutes at medium speed, until batter increases in volume.
- Pour into prepared cake pan(s).
- Bake the 9" pans for 25-30 minutes, and the 9x13" pan for 30-40 minutes or until cake pulls away from edges of pan and is dark golden brown.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove the 9" cakes from pans. Keep the 9x13" cake in its pan. Frost as desired.
Molten Chocolate Cakes
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
3 egg yolks
5 oz. fudgy brownie mix(packaged will do)
Tbsp. coffee liqueur OR hot water OR brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 nonstick muffin cups and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high power for 45 to 60 seconds, stirring twice during cooking, or until chocolate and butter are melted and mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and egg yolks and beat with a mixer at high speed for 4 to 6 minutes until foamy and doubled in size.
- Set aside the chocolate syrup packet from brownie mix.
- Gradually add dry brownie mix to the beaten egg mixture, stirring until well blended. Fold in melted chocolate chip mixture and liqueur or coffee.
- Carefully pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes or just until edges are set.
- The centers of the little cakes will still be soft. Cool on wire rack for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle chocolate syrup from packet onto each serving plate.
- Run knife around edge of each cake to loosen, then invert warm cake over chocolate syrup on each plate.