Hey people, its Pie Time! What a nice way to celebrate pies... by keeping an entire day for it - Pie Day. So without going around much, the best thing that I can personally think of doing is simply to have some pies. And to do that we have make some, right people? So, here's a few easy pie-li-cious recipes to celebrate Pie Day in style -
Chocolate Chip Pie:
1 cup each of granulated white sugar, packed brown sugar and all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup each of coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts and chocolate chips
1 unbaked pie crust
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar and flour.
- Stir in eggs and butter, combining well.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture in crust, and bake at 325°F. for 60 to 70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5 Minute Pie:
8 ounces of softened cream cheese
14 and 1/2 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup lime juice
1 graham cracker pie crust, 9 inch
- Beat cream cheese in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Beat until smooth
- Add lime juice. Blend slowly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Pour into pie shell. Chill 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until firm.