Hey guys, just a quick post today - I got a paper tomorrow! U know talking about seafood sure made me hungry for it all again, and I kind of begged my mom for some. She made a great dish - Marinated Grilled Shrimp... my absolute favorite and topped it up with homemade Strawberry Icecream.
So, here's me with two recipes for all to enjoy - Yumm, yumm!
Homemade Strawberry Icecream:
2 pints strawberries (enough to make 2 cups purée)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tray ice cubes
1/2 cup cold water
- Put the strawberries in a metal strainer and dip them into very hot water for 3 seconds, remove immediately.
- Hull the berries and purée in a food processor. Add sugar to purée and stir until the sugar
- Put the cream into a chilled bowl and set it into a larger bowl of the ice and water. Beat with a whisk until it just begins to thicken and cling to the whisk.
- Fold the cream thoroughly into the purée.
- Pour the mixture into the container of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately or pack into a chilled mold or freezer container.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp:
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.