Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Greetings people - it's already the third day of the New Year and I hope that U guys have started with your New Year's resolutions! Now lemme confess, I keep kinda asking about this 'coz I wanted to check if there's anyone out there who has been procastinating their resolutions like me. Time's flying by and I'm still unable to make up mind.

Anyway, let's come out of me and move ahead - Yesterday was Science Fiction Day, and I had a cool time watching movies and doing something else too. Sleeping! Yes, 'coz today's also Festival of Sleep and I just kind of started celebrating it a bit early! Another celebration that's on the cards for the day is Chocolate Covered Cherry Day ! It's a tad early to eat now, so I guess some time later in the day will do for my lil' binge. So, before I sign out to head for my classes, take a peek into this yummy thing I found!

* 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1 Tablespoon milk
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 2 jars maraschino cherries with stems
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 Tablespoons shortening
  • In mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, milk, and almond extract.
  • Mix well. Knead into large ball. Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten each into 2 inch circle.
  • Wrap around cherries and lightly roll in hands. Place with stem up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
  • Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or over night. Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl.
  • Holding onto stem, dip cherries into chocolate and set on waxed paper to harden.
  • Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving. The longer the candies sit the juicier the center will be.
 
posted by Casey Galatos at Wednesday, January 03, 2007 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


2 Comments:


  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh I LOVE chocolate covered cherries! What a treat - can't wait to try the recipe :-)

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh I LOVE chocolate covered cherries! What a treat - can't wait to try the recipe :-)