The New Year does bring in a lot more than resolutions. It rings in new year wishes, new year traditions, new year celebrations and more food! Just think, another year filled with food, fun and friends! Speaking of food, we do have another food celebration today - Fruitcake Day. I guess fruitcake is something which is kind of topsy turvy - in the sense that U either like it or simply hate it! So, keeping this 'caked' thought in mind, here's me wishing all the fruitcake lovers, a yummy time and also check out this simple recipe for fruitcake - A sweet treat to usher in the New Year Holidays!
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp.baking powder
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 Tbs.vanilla extract
1 Tbs.lemon extract
7 1/2 (more or less) cups dried fruits and nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease well and lightly flour either 2 eight inch cake pans or one jelly roll pan.
- Cream butter and sugar briefly. Add flour, salt, baking powder and extracts.
- Add eggs one at a time. Then add all of dried glace fruits and nuts. Mix all together and place in pan(s).
- Bake until done 30-60 minutes on two eight inch pans, 20 minutes on the jellyroll pan.
- Check if done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.