Speaking of which, my mom baked some yummy cupcakes for me... they were just plain 'n simple chocolate cupcakes, but that was enough to send me into a swoon! She did another thing and that really added flavor to them, she used 'perfectly chocolate' chocolate frosting and I guess, that made the cupcakes even richer and intense!
Here's the recipe, to try out:
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1-1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Beat butter until softened. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Next add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Then measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Do the same with the milk and vanilla into a measuring thing.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine.
- Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 3/4’s full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until done.
* PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Melt (1/2 cup) butter or margarine and stir in 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa. Add 3 cups powdered sugar alternately with 1/3 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract beating to spreading consistency. Makes about 2 cups frosting.