There also a sweet ending to all this list stuff... cookies! Yumm, yumm. A cookie is any time welcome with a glass of milk or with a steaming cuppa! This something so wonderful that no wonder, that many people refer to their sweetheart as a 'cookie'! Here's a simple cookie recipe that my mom makes, to happy me up - I call them 'Happy Chocos'.
You will need -
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
9 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In large mixer bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Next gradually beat in half of the sugar. Then add alternately the sugar and cocoa powder with vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and fold into meringue. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop meringues by tablespoons onto sheets. Smoothen tops and bake at 200 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours.
- Turn off oven and let stand for 30 minutes. Then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave until smooth and drizzle over the cooled cookies and let it stand until set.