And guess what, the countdown to Christmas has started already and now I'm gonna be busy again! With cool celebrations like Black Friday and Buy Nothing Day on the weekend to remind U of the jolly season, who's sitting at home! Like Santa, my list is already made... and I'm just waiting for some cash to come in... Sigh! My mom made my sunday even sweeter 'coz knowing my love for cakes, baked a great pumpkin cake. It was yummy and I guess, U guys can try it out too.
It needs - 1 cup vegetable oil, 3 eggs 1 can pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 1/2 cups sugar, 2 1/2 cups flour 1 teaspoon of baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon,cloves(all ground) 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease one 10 inch cake pan.
- Cream together oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Next sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, cloves and salt together and add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. You can add the chopped nuts here.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for a 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, turn out onto a plate and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.