Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Yawn, I'm tired! The weekend was too hectic and I have a tough paper on wednesday... so playing hookey from classes tomorrow. I'm planning an early night so that I can keep my grey cells working tomorrow. Just thought of keeping U guys updated on certain things, before I hit the sack! There was something cool that was going on yesterday... Pie In The Face Day! It's fun 'coz all U do is throw pies on anybody's face. A good way to take revenge on someone you don't like, Eh? Gives me ideas too!

Tuesday's also French Toast Day, and I have already told mom to make me some for breakfast. It will be a sweet morning for me and also get me going for the day. I gotta cram up, remember! So, while I get some shut-eye, here's my mom's recipe for Banana French Toast - She usually makes this the night before and refrigerates till baking time.

2 ripe medium bananas, sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
12 slices French bread, untrimmed
2 beaten eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon granulated sugar

  • In a bowl gently toss bananas with lemon juice. Arrange half the bread slices in the bottom of a greased square baking dish. Top the bread with a layer of bananas and remaining bread slices.
  • In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Pour slowly over bread to coat evenly. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle sugar over the bread and bake for 5 minutes.
  • Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F, then bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top of French toast is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes, and enjoy.
 
posted by Casey Galatos at Tuesday, November 28, 2006 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


6 Comments:


  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Casey,

    Yours looks like a good blog. Thanks for stopping by mine!

    Joe

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Datura Thom Heap

    Hi Casey - Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm going to have to stop by yours more often! I just got the news taht I will be cooking for Eve & Christmas day! So I'll have to come back a lot for ideas - cool site!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Annie

    Hi Casey, Thanks for checking in at Mixed Salad Annie! I love your site. I'll have to poke around more often, the french toast sounds amazing!
    Annie

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thanks for stopping by...that banana french toast sounds really yummy...I'm gonna have to give it a shot! Enjoy your week...good luck with the paper.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Emma

    Yummy, I love French toast - it's my favorite way to start the day!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    yummmy...and what a cute idea for a blog. I agree we ought to celebrate everyday :)