1 baked pie shell (this can be ready made)
3 cups strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
3 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
3 large egg whites
1 cup marshmallow creme
Chocolate or caramel sauce, raspberry or strawberry puree
- Spread strawberry ice cream in bottom of baked pie shell. Freeze 1 hour.
- Then spread chocolate ice cream on top of strawberry ice cream and again freeze 1 hour.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 425°F. Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl at high speed, until stiff peaks form for around 2 to 3 minutes
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in marshmallow creme until smooth. Spread carefully onto frozen pie, sealing to edges of crust.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Freeze at least 6 hours or until firm. Serve with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or raspberry puree.