Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Celebrating holidays in the holiday season, just reminds U of the brighter side of life - I think U guys will agree with me here! The expectation of joy and merriment in the company of loved ones makes the entire aspect of the holidays so much more fun.

Hey, I just was getting a wee bit nostalgic here, but I can sort of - 'coz it's The Holiday Season! And as usual for a food lover like me, it also brings a whole of baking with cakes, cookies and what not! This reminds me, I had something very unusual last night - Chocolate Pizza! I have been asked to try out this before too, but never attempted 'coz somehow the concept of pizza with chocolate put me off! But at the insistence of my cousin (who baked one), I tried a slice and now I'm completely hooked!

INGREDIENTS :
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

2 tablespoons shortening

2 tablespoons water


DIRECTIONS :
  • Melt 1 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup shortening in a double boiler and cool.
  • Next stir in flour, sugar, eggs, and baking powder with fork. Spread crust evenly onto a well greased pizza pan.
  • Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Cool.
  • Combine the next lot of 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons shortening, and water. Melt in a doubler boiler. Stir until smooth.
  • Spread glaze evenly over cooled chocolate crust. Decorate as desired with
  • candies.
 
posted by Casey Galatos at Wednesday, December 20, 2006 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


0 Comments: