Monday, January 29, 2007

It was a foodie weekend - a gastronomical delight that was savored in the past couple of days! Where do I start from - I do not know. There was too much of everything and now, I seriously think that I need a break!

It all started with chocolate, as in Chocolate Cake. Well, now there's no holding back people when a slice of chocolate cake is around and it calls for nerves of steel to be able to resist it - well, I never professed to have steely nerves! So, I don't think anything else is required to be said. Then saturday morning started with Blueberry Pancakes. I'm not to be blamed for this! My mom just decided to surprise me with some (she had no idea that I had been high on choco cake).

If this was not enough, our next door neighbor invited us for dinner and came up with something that was absolutely delicious - Oyster Cocktail. It was perfect... just added the right touch to the Oyster Festival in South Carolina, which I had been reading about in the morning. Needless to say, I got hold of the recipe, and here it is for all U people, while I go and take a breather from food!

Oyster Cocktail:
  • Select fine oysters of uniform size.
  • Have them thoroughly chilled, having first taken care that they are free from bits of shell.
  • Pour over them a dressing made of 1 tablespoon each tomato catsup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and grated horseradish or horseradish vinegar.
  • Add a few drops of Tobasco sauce, a little salt, a dash of cayenne (if desired).
  • Let the oysters stand in this mixture until very cold and serve as you please.
 
posted by Casey Galatos at Monday, January 29, 2007 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


0 Comments: