Yumm, yumm and yumm, that all how I can describe today's day as! Hey, what more can U expect for Chocolate Mousse Day. The best thing to do is to whip up some real tasty ones and have a 'choco-li-cious' time! So, what I am going to do is give U guys, a tried and true recipe that my family makes. Here it is -
200g of good quality dark chocolate (about 60% cocoa solids)
3 large eggs, separated
40g of caster sugar
2 tablespoons Cointreau (or other favorite liqueur)
* Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl with 120ml of warm water. Stand the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure that the bowl is not actually touching the water.
* Leave the chocolate to melt for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
* Remove the bowl from the heat and stir the chocolate really well until it is smooth and glossy. Then leave it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
* Beat the egg yolks together and then add to the cooled chocolate, along with the Cointreau. Beat again until smooth.
* In a spotlessly clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to a soft peak stage. Then whisk in the sugar one third at time. You will now have a glossy, soft meringue.
* Now fold a small amount of the meringue into the chocolate using a metal spoon and 'cutting actions'. Once the mix has loosened up, continue folding in the meringue about one third at a time. Be careful not to be too vigorous or you will knock the air out of the mousse.
* Finally divide the mix up between 6 small ramekins. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
For a final indulgent touch to this irresistible chocolate mousse recipe, finish it off with a blob of softly whipped cream and chocolate shavings !
P.S - I just remembered that I totally forgot to mention about Great Lovers Day. But I am sure that all you romantic people out there had a great time. In case, you have missed out - send your beloved, ecards to make up!
Labels: Chocolate Mousse Day and more...