Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hey people, sorry for the delay in postings - I was off on a short trip to the coast, you know just to kind of refresh my mind! I haven't been very regular for the past couple of months, and that is just because I am a little squeezed for time. It is all due to my classes, my guitar learning and the many other activities that I keep getting involved in!

Anyway, today I start with Black Forest Cake Day and boy, am I waiting to sink my teeth into some! Black Forest can rightly be called the 'King of Cakes'. The taste is heavenly, simply irresistible. So, before I drool anymore, here's a recipe for the cake that's made in my home -

1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
¼ cup water
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 carton whipped dairy cream
1 jar marshmallow cream

Bake cake according to directions on the box in a 9x13x2 inch pan. Slice in half length wise to make 2 layers. In saucepan, simmer pie filling, water and cornstarch until thick. Cool completely. Mix whipped topping and marshmallow cream together thoroughly.

To assemble: Spread bottom layer with 1/3 of whipped topping mixture, then cherry pie filling, then 1/3 more whipped topping. Set top layer on and use last 1/3 of whipped topping mixture on top. KEEP REFRIGERATED!

If desired, curls of semi-sweet chocolate or shaved chocolate can be used to garnish the top.

Labels:

 
posted by Casey Galatos at Wednesday, March 28, 2007 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


0 Comments: