Well, today is simply superb! I have two of my favorite things combined in a single day - coffee and cake on Coffee Cake Day. U know, this cake is simply one of the easiest things to make and eat. So here's a quick and simple recipe for U guys for some great tasting cake -
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
6 tbs white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbs butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a large mixing bowl, combine larger portion of flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening to pea sized pieces. In a smaller bowl, beat egg and stir in milk and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir until just mixed. Pour batter into greased 9-inch cake pan.
- For the topping, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and last bit of flour.
- Sprinkle on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Labels: Coffee Cake Day