Thursday, August 30, 2007
Since I've been writing a lot of barbecue recipes for the weekend, I did a little bit of research on the history of BBQ. And there's a lot of stuff out there!

A lot of folks are concerned about their health and the safety of smoke and eating food with smoke in it. If you have concerns you should really check out BBQ Myth Busters. It's an educational read. Make sure you also check out How to BBQ section also to get some tips and pointers.

While I was reading about the history of BBQ I read about Pig Pickin'. I didn't know much about it before. But apparently Pig Pickin' is almost like a ritual down south. BBQ became popular because people used to hunt wild hogs and BBQ the whole hog and invite neighbors and friends for a big celebration. It's still really popular in the Carolinas. Check out What's Cooking America to read and get recipes on Pig Pickin'.

I didn't find a video on barbecuing the whole hog but I did find a video on Smoked Barbecue Pork Ribs -- I'm thinking small here because I don't think I can handle a whole hog.


VideoJug: How To Make Smoked Barbecue Pork Ribs

The interesting thing about this video is that it's cooking with beer. You can also check out my post on Cooking With Beer. Whatever you do, make sure you have fun this weekend. And don't forget to invite others! Here's an ecard you can send so people come to relish your great BBQs!



Send this Labor Day Invitation eCard !

Get more Labor Day Invitation ecards here.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Casey Galatos at Thursday, August 30, 2007 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


0 Comments: