Sunday, February 25, 2007

The weekend was bit boring for me. I really didn't have anything much to do and there was nothing to look forward too! But then I remembered about Banana Bread Day, which was fine with me as banana bread ranks as one of my all time favorite foods! So, the next thing that I did was to cajole my mom into making some and here's it -

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
5 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter
1 cup mashed bananas

1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. vanilla

  • Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  • In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat the egg slightly, and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas.
  • Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined.
  • Stir in milk, walnuts and the vanilla.
  • Spread batter into one greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  • Bake at 350 degrees F, until top is brown and cracks along the top.
P.S - There was something else that I did too - in honor of Cuddle Day, I gave my mom a big one, which I was already planning too 'coz her baking! She deserved a very big cuddle.


Send this eCard !

Labels:

 
posted by Casey Galatos at Sunday, February 25, 2007 | Permalink |

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button


1 Comments:


  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Mel

    I made Banana Bread with almost over ripe bananas last weekend. I took my recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens. With a crumble crust!!! Heaven!

    Lux,

    Cassie's Kitchen