The weekend was bit boring for me. I really didn't have anything much to do and there was nothing to look forward too! But then I remembered about Banana Bread Day, which was fine with me as banana bread ranks as one of my all time favorite foods! So, the next thing that I did was to cajole my mom into making some and here's it -
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
5 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat the egg slightly, and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas.
- Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in milk, walnuts and the vanilla.
- Spread batter into one greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, until top is brown and cracks along the top.
Send this eCard !
Labels: cuddle day and more